Friday, January 22, 2010

Weekend Trip


I'm getting ready to head out to a pueblo called Axochiapan, the hometown of a good friend of my family, Raul. My sister Katie was Raul's English tutor when she was in college. Over the years he met our whole family. I remember him taking me and Kate out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant when I was in Minnesota. He even came to her wedding. Every year on my birthday I get a call from Raul early in the morning, which is a Mexican tradition. He'll call my parents and they'll go back and forth in their respective broken English and Spanish. When he heard that I was coming to Mexico, he insisted that I stay with his family. There is a festival there this weekend, so it should be fun...that's if I can find it. His instructions were, "Get off the bus and go uphill on the main road. When you cross a small bridge, turn left at the next road and my house is on the left." Got it. Of course he is working in the States, so I will be staying with his wife and daughter. I'll give you a full update on Sunday when I return.

1 comment:

  1. sounds so lovely Jeremy. i met a photographer yesterday around the neighborhood. he told me that he documented the day that you returned from your journey. he got all teared-up remembering that day and that he got more into biking after covering your story. people ask for you quite often. i am happy to give them updates. =) and news from over here....... cassie haw is getting nice and plump.

    ReplyDelete