Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dancing, Markets and Biking









Last night some of the volunteers who have been here since July took us for a night on the town. Being 30, I'm definitely the oldest but I was proud of myself for hanging with the kids until 4am. I had my first michelada (click on it for a wikipedia definition) and I held my own on the dance floor. Cuernavaca is known as a tourist town but they are all from Mexico City, you don't see many Americans.

Today we went to Church in the morning and then hit up the Sunday market in our neighborhood. This afternoon I put my bike together and went exploring on my own. My goal is to hit a different corner of the city every day. I found another market as people were packing up their things, which you can see in two of these pictures. The other is a glamour shot of my bike, Mexican style. For those of you who know my "iron horse" you'll notice that I had to leave the crate behind, it wouldn't fit in my luggage.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of you getting to have Mexican Coke all the time!

    ReplyDelete