Thursday, January 28, 2010

Time to Go, Birthday Party, Tepoztlan







I'm sitting here listening to my "Going Away Mix" feeling a mix of nostalgia and excitement. I just packed my bags again. Tomorrow we head for Miacatalan, where I will settle in for 6 months. When I got to Cuernavaca 2 weeks ago I was chomping at the bit to get going on the work ahead of me. But I must admit I've gotten used to the rhythm of life here...language school, lazy afternoons, good people, nights on the town. We were told to take advantage of the language school/orientation because it is the easiest 2 weeks of our time here. I feel like we've done that. Now it's time to meet the little ones and get to work...if I can remember how.

Last night we celebrated Valerie's birthday. We joked that I was jealous because she got a really fancy cake and our Spanish teacher didn't assign homework in honor of her birthday. After the house party we went to bar with a live rock band. They sang a lot of classic 90's tunes that I hadn't heard in awhile.

Today was our last day of class. We convinced our teacher Gina to let us take a field trip to a nearby town called Tepoztlan. It is known for a pyramide that was built on the top of a bluff. It's a steep 45 minute climb to the top. I don't know how they built it back in the day.
Next time you hear from me it will be from my new casa. But I will be back to tear up Cuerna in couple of weeks when I have my first break.

1 comment:

  1. You're a good man sir. I dig the mustache pic btw. You look like a Gaetti with that thing.

    ReplyDelete