Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cuernavaca





So here I am in Mexico finally. My flight went smooth yesterday. I spent most of the day and night in the Mexico City Airport waiting for 4 other volunteers that were arriving from the U.S....they all seem like really cool people. For the next 2 weeks we are staying in the city of Cuernavaca for some language school and orientation to the ways Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos. At the end of the month I will be moving to a much smaller town called Miacatlan. Cuernavaca is beautiful city and relatively small (nothing compared to the 22 million in Mexico City). It is called the city of eternal spring - at about 5,000' elevation it stays mild year round. There is a lot of history here, as you can see in my picture of the cathedral from the 1500s. We explored the city most of the day and I took a run, I'm going to have to get used to all this up and down. Well, I'm off to grab some tacos, will check in soon. By the way I snapped this photo of the mariachi player, I told him I loved his mustache...it gives me something to aspire to.

3 comments:

  1. Pick me up a suit like that before you come back. Maybe we can both get one and wear it to our next business presentation

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing- wish I was there. enjoy each moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know your stache is gaining glamour and vitality just from being there.

    ReplyDelete