Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adios Winter




So I leave tomorrow for Mexico, which means today is my last day of true winter weather. In honor of the occasion, I drank a Winter Ale over nice dinner with my parents (these icicles are hanging outside their back porch). I know I'm cutting out early, but I feel like I got some bang for my buck this December and January in Chicago. I want to keep my skin and blood thick...after all that's what makes us Midwesterners hearty and flexible.
On a more serious note, no one can ignore the devastation that is happening in Haiti, especially for a country that had such little reserve to begin with. A couple of days ago I received the Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos Medical Newsletter. The first news reported from Haiti was that the one priest serving there buried 500 children in 2009 (this is one man alone before this earthquake hit). Today I received an email asking for prayers. NPH has a day hospital that collasped. One of their long term workers was on the 5th floor and is still unaccounted for. Lord have mercy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeremy,

    Wow - this sounds like an awsome adventure!

    Happy Birthday...

    Cheers,
    Luke

    ReplyDelete