Monday, January 18, 2010

Joe


I hope to slowly introduce the other volunteers that I am working with during my time here in Mexico. This is Joe. He's 23 and from Phoenix, Arizona. He's taking a year to volunteer and solidify his Spanish before graduating from nursing school. He's my roommate while I'm here in Cuernavaca and this guy is pure comic relief. Within the first 2 minutes of meeting him at the airport he busted out his spanish dictionary and started quizzing me on vocabulary. He's the sort of guy who has no secrets from the moment you meet him and during most meals I almost choke because he's so funny. He told us today that he literally has $33 in the bank and is going to try to live on the $23 we make every 2 weeks. He was asking what the Spanish word for sperm is, because he is hoping to sell his in order to make some cash. Despite his low funds he went out of his way to buy some chorizo at the market yesterday so he could cook me his grandmother's recipe for breakfast. He's that sort of guy.

3 comments:

  1. He's not that great...

    Stupid of me to site your blog on my blog and then tell you that you can't read it.
    http://sophieinmexico.blogspot.com

    Oh and in the post I'm kidding about you guys being exhausting. Kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reread my own post (yes, that's right) and realized that I misspelled "cite." Uggggggh. Good thing it's the male of the species that needs to have a big brain.

    ReplyDelete