Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sophie and Naomi


Sophie and Naomi live across the street. They have been volunteers here in Cuernavaca for the last 6 months, working both in the NPH office and directly with the high school kids. Joe and I often find ways to distract them from their work...hanging out on their roof after lunch or keeping them up late on a "school night". The picture above is the vista from their roof. They are a lot of fun and very sarcastic. When I posted about Joe last week, Sophie wrote the comment, "He's not that great." So I've decided to describe them a bit sarcastically, partly because I know they will read it. You can decide what's actually true.
Sophie (on the left) is originally from Minnesota and recently got her Masters in history at University of Tennesee. She will continue on with her doctorate next Fall. She's very smart and will be the first to let you know that she's basically a genius. She makes fun of the length of my pants and the way I hold a book, but I think it's just because she doesn't know how to compliment someone. She's not all bad though, she lent me her coffee maker while I'm here in Cuerna, which has been clutch. Plus, I have to say she is my preferred dance partner in Mexico...so far.
Naomi (on the right) is from the DC area. She went to William and Mary in Virginia and will return there for her Masters in elementary education in the Fall. She has this great laugh that I wish I could describe...most of the time she's laughing at Joey. She plays a mean violin and can hold her own on the soccer field...quite the double threat. Plus she can drink me under the table.

4 comments:

  1. n-a-o-m-i. jeez, i spelled it out for you and everything.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much does it cost to hire an editor as smart as you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm still namoi. am i really not that important to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Moaner, you know I got nothing but respect for you. Consider it changed.

    ReplyDelete