Monday, February 22, 2010

Wild Wild Horses

The title if this post is a bit misleading, but when this group of horses ran past me it felt like they were wild. I had seen it happen once before, but yesterday they were running towards me on my bike ride and I had my camera handy...que suerte (what luck)! I often see horses grazing on the side of country roads or in fields that have been harvested. It's common enough that I assume it's an accepted practice amongst local farmers to let them roam. I don't know anything about horses but for some reason every once in awhile they'll get in a group and break into a gallop between one field and another. To me it's this crazy paradox between them exercising a pre-domestic instinct to run free, yet they are conditioned to never stray far from home.

1 comment:

  1. and im sure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpVpJynF8o4&feature=related this was running through your head.

    if you get scared that they will hit you don't forget the Lenten song to distract them.

    ReplyDelete