Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let the Therapy Begin


Today was the first day of official therapy. As you can see in this picture, I was able to get Pati, one of the women in the clinic, doing some weight bearing on the tilt table. It's not text book alignment, but she was happy to get somewhat vertical after not walking for the last 7 years. When she began falling in 2003, she limited her movement significantly. Presently she hangs out on the patio in the clinic on her stomach most of the day.


This other little guy in the picture goes by Bello. He's 6 years old and has been quarintined to the clinic since I've been here because of mumps. He's the man with a million questions, which I guess is par for the course considering his age. He has touch everything and show me how he does his exercises. He got a little jealous when I was working with other people and started complaining that his foot hurt, so I had him get on the plynth and I stretched him out really quick. It made him feel a lot better. He's a smart kid, we played dominoes and he picked it up super quick. I think he's heading back with rest of the kids tonight. It will be quiet without him tomorrow.

2 comments: