Thursday, March 18, 2010

PB You Complete Me


When I moved away from Camden, NJ my friends made some t-shirts in my honor. They decided there were 4 constants in my life that defined me: 1.) Biking 2.) Running 3.)Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches (I was known for making 2 every night to bring to work the next day) 4.) Quoting 90's rap songs - represented by this profound lyric by the group Kris Kross, "Some y'all try to rhyme but you can't rhyme like this.".
When I packed my bags for Mexico, I made sure I had my running shoes and my bike. As for the 90's rap lyrics, they'll always be etched in my brain. The one thing I forgot was peanut butter, which is hard to come by down here.
My Auntie Kathy emailed me a couple of weeks ago and asked if there was anything she could send in a care package. I told her peanut butter and anything else she could fit in the box. Needless to say, she came through. It was like being reunited with an old friend. Peanut butter, you complete me.

No comments:

Post a Comment