Thursday, March 25, 2010

Girl Talk





Girls are more responsible than boys. I've known this for a long time, but now I'm being reminded of it every day. I'm finding that when a girl has an injury, they come in for an evaluation right away and they keep coming back until they're better. The boys tend to wait a couple of weeks until the injury is really bad and then ask for help. Instead of focusing on what they need to do to get better, they perseverate the whole session on when they can go back to playing soccer. I'll usually see them again whenever it's convenient for them. I'm still trying to find ways solve this problem.
For the time being, I have a lot more girl patients than boy patients. In fact, many times in the afternoon, there are several of them at once. Lately these three young ladies in the pictures; Fabiola, Blanca and Nancy, have been working out together. As I coordinate all of their treatments, I also tend to get caught up in their girl talk. Conversations tend vary from anything from school to boyfriends to who believes in ghosts. They tend to critique my music selection and recommend movies I never intend to see. I still have Twilight (Crepusculo) and New Moon (Luna Nueva) DVDs sitting on my desk. I tried to explain that I won't watch them, but they won't take them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment