Saturday, March 27, 2010

Adventures With Pati


















I mentioned last week that my Saturdays are always different. One activity that I forgot to mention was taking Pati to visit friends in the pueblo. This usually involves pushing Pati through the backroads of Miacatlan literally for miles. I'm feeling much more comfortable with my off road wheelchair driving skills. The good news is that there is usually a nice meal on the other end of the journey. Today we ended up in the home of a very nice family who had prepared a birthday pozole for Pati. Being both a foreigner and a visitor I was gifted with the pig's foot in my bowl of soup. I asked if it was edible or just for flavor. When they told me it was a delicacy, I ate it up, little hairs and all!


One other bonus to the trip was this little guy Juan who you see in the pictures. He's 4 years old and such a cute kid. Little ones love Pati and he's no exception. As he layed with her on the floor he would ask me great questions, like "Does she ever cry?" Which I responded, "Sometimes." Then he asked, "Why doesn't she grow?", which I didn't know how to answer. Me and Juanito also played soccer and explored a nearby river after lunch. He's quite the climber, refusing to hold my hand even on the steep inclines.

1 comment:

  1. "How come every time i'm in the kitchen, you in the kitchen eatin up all the chitlins,and all the pig feet... I like pigs feet." - From The movie Friday (wasn't sure if you were up on the quotes from that movie).
    I know you are a little bit more adventurous with food than I am, but I think the hairs would have been a deal breaker for me.

    ReplyDelete