Sunday, April 11, 2010

Taxco German Style







Today I went with my friends Erika, Jane and Martin to a town called Taxco, famous for its silver mines. It's a steep curvy bus ride to reach the town. My new friend Martin who is visiting from Germany politely woke me up during the ride and asked if I had a plastic bag. Luckily I did and in stereotypical German style he stoically threw up in the bag and then went on as if nothing ever happened. The German theme continued as we explored the town in several vehicles: VW bug taxis, VW bus public transit, and a cable car ride that I believe was also made in Germany (or was it Switzerland?). We also walked our share of the steep cobble stone streets, often dodging VW bugs. It was another nice little Sunday. I spent Friday and Saturday in Cuernavaca but exploring a new place made the weekend seem twice as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment